Thursday 17 May 2012

Filming

A week and a half ago I did some practices with my lego mixing it up and playing around with stop motion. I literally was testing out the technique before my filming date last week, so there was no focus on the lighting camera work ect, so as expected there were obvious lighting issues and focus issues in editing but  as I was only testing the technique these are not a problem. Here is the video:



Here's are some problems that I found whilst making the video, and in red are how I plan to overcome them:
A. Movement in the objects.
- I've purchased a baseplate, in which I will blue-tac down and build each object on, therefore eliminating any movement.

B. Time.
- As stop motion is a very time consuming process, I've decided to enlist some help when shooting my final video. I have already asked a friend who has agreed to be my 'button pusher' for the shoot, therefore I can focus on the objects and not have to keep running back and forth from the camera.

C. Sturdiness of the objects. 
- I will need to rebuild some of my objects to ensure they are more sturdy for the final shoot, as during my tester I had some trouble with lego falling apart as i was trying to build up, and this slowed up the process a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment