Sunday 25 March 2012

Video disaster!!!

I've finally finished shooting my video that I'm using as a trial for plasticine stop motion, and I think that I'm safe to say that it was a total disaster!! Initially the characters looked fantastic however they were unsuitable for the animation type, they require to have smaller bodies and studier legs instead of smaller legs and bigger bodies which resulted in them falling over frequently and becoming quite worn looking. Another massive problem was that the majority of the video is out of focus, I believe that i was giving the camera too much to concentrate on with a busy background, mid ground and foreground! Not only this but the movement of the characters and story line was too complex therefore making the overall video look shambolic and unprofessional....


My next step is to re do the video, thinking up a simplistic short story and creating better more controllable characters, that will be able to deal with the movement i require! I am very disappointed with the outcome of this video, however I didn't use professional lighting, and maybe was too brash with the movement of the characters. By hopefully re doing the video i can identify where i went wrong this time and be able to try to put them right this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment