Thursday 8 December 2011

Layering Sections-Turning 2D to 3D.

I think that it would be effective to possibly try to layer up the background, mid ground and foreground in a 2D stop motion video. I hope that it would allow me to create a 3D element, within a 2D world. For example if I were to create a static background on a piece of paper, and place a piece of transparent material (plastic or glass) on top then create a mid ground (characters & props) and again place the glass or plastic on top and then create things in the foreground (trees, flowers etc.) and then move the individual layers, however to give this effect there would ne3ed to be a gap between the transparent layer and each of the other layers to be able to create this effect, and the camera would have to look down and through each layer to establish a 3D effect. I have no idea whether it would be as effective as just creating one layer, however it was an idea that I felt may allow me to be original amongst the other work already out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment